Registered Nurses (RNs) & Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)

Registered nurses provide a broad range of nursing services based on a thorough assessment of the client’s health care needs and development of an individualized care plan. Examples of services provided include skin care, medication management, diet, nutrition management, and care focused on a particular diagnosis. Physician orders and efficient care coordination are integral aspects of nursing services. Licensed Practical Nurses assist with rehabilitation, dressing changes, oxygen administration and medications, and offer services as catheter care under the supervision of an RN.

Physical Therapists (PTs)

Physical therapists manage and provide skilled physical therapy to patients/clients with a wide variety of diagnoses and disabilities in a home setting in accordance with a physician’s plan of treatment, taking into account individual patients’ special or age related needs.

Occupational Therapists (OTs)

Occupational Therapists perform therapeutic exercises and instruct in activities such as meal preparation, toileting, and grooming. OTs also assist with energy and endurance problems, and address equipment needs such as grab bars. Self-reliance is always a goal.

Home Health Aides, Personal Care Assistants or Certified Nursing Assistants (HHAs), (PCAs) or (CNAs)

Home health aides assist with “hands-on” personal care needs such as bathing, dressing, walking, and toileting. HHAs or CNAs cannot give injections or dispense medications, though they can remind the patient to take their medication. Medicare/Medicaid does reimburse for these services while a patient/client is actively receiving care by a nurse, PT or OT. Private pay is an option if nursing is not required.

Homemakers or Companions

Homemakers or Companions can provide assistance with meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, errands, and other “hands-off” tasks. Medicare/Medicaid does reimburse for these services, however they may be arranged for on a private pay basis.

Residential Counselors or Case Workers

Residential counselors/Case workers are MAP certified and licensed to drive in MA. They administer medications to patients/clients and assist them with Activities of daily Living Such as community intergration,banking,shopping ,medical and dental appointments.